Thursday, December 11, 2008

Propsero's Books

After dropping my wife off at work I decided to stop by Prospero's (they made international news last year for burning excess stock that no institution was willing to accept, even for free). The reason I went there today, my book buying is temporarily on hold, was to see if they had the current issue of Rain Taxi. Much to my delight they did (truly amazing considering that Rain Taxi's site posted the contents of this issue only this week) and I decided to browse. I found Coleridge's "Biographia Lieraria" and couldn't resist purchasing it, all the while justifying this purchase to myself (if I go one day next week without an iced mocha it won't matter, etc.). On my way out the door I noticed another book, picked it up and flipped through it and found myself right back at the counter. I plan on giving it to my brother for X-mas but it is so amusing I might keep it.

Speaking of Rain Taxi, they are holding their annual auction on ebay this Sunday. I hope they post what they are putting up for sale soon on their site, esp. since I will be at work and will have to let my wife bid for me.

No comments: