Sunday, November 16, 2008

PoetryPolitic favorites

I stumbled upon the PoetryPolitic: A Blog in 50 Days site around eleven or twelve days through the project. Thereafter I visited the site daily, anticipating the latest addition. After day 50 I did not return to the site until Friday (I was trying to free space on my computer by organiziing and burning all of the mp3 spoken word files onto blank discs) and was pleased with their election special treat: Noelle Kocot's "Poem for the End of Time" available in its entirety both as a downloadable PDF file and as a mp3 reading. Quite a perfect ending to an outstanding project.


Here are just a few of the highlights for me of the site:

-Valzhyna Mort (Day 50)

-Elizabeth Willis (Day 46)

- Chen Li (Day 44)

- Imagining Language supplement from Fascicle. I was already acquainted with not only Fascicle, but also said supplement. It was striking to see it in this context though. (Day 40)

- Kim Hyesoon (Day 35)

- Mariana Marin (Day 30)

- Eugen Jebeleanu (Day 29)

- Garrett Caples (Day 23)

- Lara Glenum (Day 13)

- Andrew Joron's "Emergency of Poetry" essay available as downloadable PDF file. I have the book the piece is taken from but it is fantastic to see this important essay available (Day 4)

I noticed PennSound has removed the link for PoetryPolitic. Here is the link:
http://poetrypolitic.com/


I have also added a link to my Links List.


Thank you Wave Books for the outstanding job with PoetryPolitic:
http://www.wavepoetry.com/

No comments: